Frameworks, Tools and Libs
Last Updated: 2022-03-27
A typical Data Scientist/ML Engineer's toolbox.
Basic Python Tools
- Scikit Learn
Deep Learning / Neural Network
- [Google] Tensorflow
- [Facebook] PyTorch
- A replacement for NumPy to use the power of GPUs
- Tensors are similar to NumPy’s ndarrays, with the addition being that Tensors can also be used on a GPU to accelerate computing.
- [Microsoft] CNTK: Cognitive Toolkit
- Apache MXNet http://gluon.mxnet.io/
- [Deprecated] Theano, Lasagne
Models may be developed by one language(e.g. Python, R), however your production environment may use another(e.g. Java). One way to bridge the gap is to encode the models in a language/tool-neutral way:
- ONNX: A collaboration between Facebook and Microsoft. Supports Caffe2, PyTorch, and Cognitive Toolkit.
- PMML: XML
- PFA: YAML or JSON
Open Neural Network Exchange: AWS, Microsoft, Facebook
ONNX is intended to be a standardized format that will allow deep learning models trained on one framework to be transferred to another framework with minimal extra work.