Tensorflow vs PyTorch
Last Updated: 2022-02-12
PyTorch are currently the most popular deep learning packages.
Caffe2 is intended to be a framework for production edge deployment whereas
TensorFlow is more suited towards server production and research. Essentially your target uses are very different. TensorFlow is intended for researchers and servers while
Caffe2 is aimed towards mobile phones and other relatively computationally constrained platforms. These development goals are reflected in the designs of each framework.
Caffe2 is now part of
- by Google, for both research and deployment.
- Github: https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow
- by Facebook, more research-friendly.
- Github: https://github.com/pytorch/pytorch
- by Facebook, more developer-friendly. Used on their mobile apps
Caffe2is now merged with
PyTorch(code now lives in
PyTorch's repo, maybe a full merge later on?)
ONNX(https://onnx.ai/) for interchangeability